Looking to Join Otter?
To be the best, you must attract & hire the best! At Otter, we understand employees are what makes a company successful and each of our team members play a vital role in the overall customer experience. Our passion is our people; therefore, we emphasize our team member’s scheduling flexibility and work-life balance. Pilots and Technicians alike benefit from a very comfortable pace of operations and a lifestyle more common to smaller private/corporate flight departments. We are also proud to offer an industry leading compensation and benefits package. At Otter, you won’t be another number. Rediscover your enjoyment for aviation by joining the Otter team!
To apply, see open positions below. Not seeing your desired position, candidates feel free to send a your resume (PDF) to email@example.com and we will be in touch if we have any future openings that suit your skill set.
Welcome to Otter, a boutique air charter company based in beautiful West Michigan. We pride ourselves on providing unsurpassed air travel experience in our fleet of brand-new Pilatus PC-12 & PC-24 aircraft. We’ve crafted an exceptional organization and compiled a team of enthusiastic aviation professionals that aim to elevate the customer experience within the charter space in a professional, yet fun atmosphere!
We are currently seeking a full-time Flight Coordinator to join the Otter family. This position works closely with our Lead Flight Coordinator & management team to generate trip quotes, schedule trips, manage travel logistics, notify/schedule crew, along with providing all necessary itinerary information to both passengers and crew members regarding their flights. In addition, this individual must be comfortable in a hospitality/customer service-based role through interacting naturally with our VIP clientele. The Flight Coordinator provides a concierge-level of service and will exemplify our company brand and culture as he/she greets and assists guests arriving at the world-class Otter private terminal.
Otter Perks & Benefits:
- Very competitive full-time salary with merit based annual increases, cellphone plan stipend, laptop provided
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: Health, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, Life, AD&D, 401(k) with 6% company match
- Generous Paid Time Off policy
- Retention Bonuses at 5, 10, 15 years of service
- Work in a iconic hangar facility located at the Gerald R. Ford Airport
- Initial and recurrent training through premier contract partners
- Provide professional concierge level service during operating hours to include greeting & interacting with customers in addition to prompt email, phone, and text communications
- Coordination of trip logistics (i.e. quoting, scheduling, selecting/notifying appropriate flight crew, inputting passenger details, arranging passenger services such as ground transportation, lodging, catering, and other special requests, notifying FBOs of aircraft departures and arrivals
- Support flight crews, when needed, by arranging FBO fueling/ground services/hangar space, Customs approval for international flights, etc.
- Work autonomously, but able/willing to work with a team
- Maintain and protect the privacy of customers
- Coordinate with the Chief Pilot and the Director of Operations in the event of an emergency
- Perform other administrative duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Lead Flight Coordinator and/or COO
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in business, aviation, or hospitality
- FAA Licensed Dispatcher
- Proven work experience in aircraft charter sales and use of aviation operations software
- Strong background in aircraft/crew scheduling and/or the hospitality industry
- Possess and maintain a professional and positive attitude
- High degree of multi-tasking and time management capability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be extremely detail oriented and organized
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook (email) and minimum typing speed of ~40 wpm
- Reside within 1 hr drive of the GRR airport or willingness to relocate
- Must have a valid Driver’s License, and ability to secure and maintain an Airport Badge, as well as successfully complete Pre-employment Background Checks & Drug Testing
- Monday-Friday, 11am-7pm
- Twelve weekends per year, 9am-5pm (work remotely, on-call)